- Trade name
- GIKEN CO., LTD.
- Business type
- Business field
- Design and manufacturing of transfer systems, assembling machines, material handling systems, etc.
- October 1964
- September 1970
- Shuichi Miyamoto
- 50 million yen
- No. of
- Hokkoku Bank (Tatsunokuchi Branch), Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Kanazawa Branch)
- We contribute to society with advanced technology while enriching our employees’ lives through our harmonious progress.
- ・We will contribute to society by providing products of superior quality.
- ・We will established ourselves as an industry leader by advancing our technological strength.
- ・We will nurture our employees’ talents and improve their skills in an appealing workplace environment.
- Health, Honesty and Harmony
- ［Registered Scope］
Head office・Shimoshimizu Plant
Chubu Sales Office
Design and Manufacture of Automatic Transfer Systems, Automatic Assembling Machines and Material Handling Systems
- Declaration of commitment to implement information security
3-2 Shimoshimizu-machi, Nomi, Ishikawa 923-1238
- 1964 Oct.
- Established Hokuto Manufacturing Research Institute, and commenced the design of industrial machinery such as transfer systems and cranes.
- 1970 Sept.
- Incorporated into GIKEN CO., LTD. with a capital of 2 million yen for business growth.
- 1972 Oct.
- Increased our capital to 5 million yen, and launched our engineering business. Organized the business into two categories: aluminum processing systems / transfer systems for automobile manufacture.
- 1982 Sept.
- Constructed our product trial run and adjustment plant in Kamishimizu, Nomi City, Ishikawa Prefecture for the sake of quality improvement and rationalization of production.
- 1986 Jan.
- Increased our capital to 20 million yen.
- 1989 March
- Rationalized management with the support of the Small and Medium Enterprise Management Consulting System, and was awarded the “Director-general Award” by the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency.
- 1991 Sept.
- Constructed the administration office and No.2 plant in Kamishimizu, Nomi City, Ishikawa Prefecture to consolidate all business. Enhanced production through management rationalization and facility automation, and increased our capital to 50 million yen.
- 1998 Nov.
- Established our Kanto Sales Office in Yokosuka City, Kanagawa Prefecture.
- 2004 Feb.
- Formed a contract of technological cooperation and licensed manufacturing with a Korean manufacturer, and commenced the manufacturing and sales of a new patented product in South Korea, which created a foothold for expanding sales in Asia.
- 2004 Dec.
- Awarded “Industrial Promotion Award” by Hokkoku Bank.
- 2005 Apr.
- Constructed No.3 plant in response to increased orders. Promoted the enhancement of human resources and improvement of our facilities.
- 2009 Apr.
- Established Giken America Corp.
- 2009 Nov.
- Awarded the “Director-general Award” by the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency in the 2008 Chubu Region Invention Competition organized by the Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation.
- 2011 Jan.
- Established our Chubu Sales Office in Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka Prefecture.
- 2012 June
- Constructed No.4 plant in Shimoshimizu, Nomi City, Ishikawa Prefecture.
- 2012 Nov.
- Established the joint venture, GKM.
- 2013 June
- Constructed No.5 plant in Shimoshimizu, Nomi City, Ishikawa Prefecture.
- 2014 Aug.
- Constructed a new building and moved our headquarters to Shimoshimizu, Nomi City, Ishikawa Prefecture.
- 2015 July
- Completed solar power generation equipment (500kw).
- 2016 June
- Awarded “Performance Excellence Award” by Honda North America.Inc
- 2022 Dec
- GIKEN HOLDINGS CO., LTD. has been established.
GIKEN CO., LTD. has transferred to a holding company structure and has become a wholly owned subsidiary by transferring shares.
We have obtained a number of patents in Japan, South Korea and the United States:
- ・Conveyor equipment (No. 2045319)
- ・Product separation device for conveyors (No. 2073303)
- ・Scrap separation and unloading device (No. 2626941)
- ・Clamp heads for puller equipment (No. 3220775)
- ・Robot control method and related equipment (No. 6,816,754, U.S.A.)
- ・Platen cutter for products extruded from forming machines (No. 3677608)
- ・Clamp head control device for pullers (No. 3817700)
- ・Robot control method and related equipment (No. 4081747)
- ・Die detaching device (No. 4239182)
- ・Paper tube inner-diameter correction head and device (No. 4239182)
We have received many awards and letters of appreciation.
- ・“Director-general Award” by the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency (1989)
- ・“Industrial Promotion Award” by Hokkoku Bank (2004)
“Director-general Award” by the Small and Medium Enterprise Agency in the 2008 Chubu
- ・Region Invention Competition organized by the Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation (2009)
- ・“Performance Excellence Award” by Honda North America.Inc（2016）